Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Lighthouse Birthday card!

I need a few cards for family birthdays that are coming up, so I started on those today!!
This one features a cool embossed paper frame which I trimmed to fit on a light blue card front. I trimmed out the center squares using an exacto knife and a metal ruler on a cutting board.  I trimmed the light house laser printed image (CLKER) to just fit inside the opening with an even border all the way around and then watercoloured it.  Once I positioned the image in the opening I felt that it would benefit from being framed in a darker colour so I added a piece of darker blue cardstock to the back of the frame.  I added a little ribbon flag to the back of my image using double sided tape and glued it into the opening.  I adhered this element to my card front.  I watercoloured this little fussy cut laser printed greeting (CLKER) to coordinate with my card and adhered it to my card front using 3D foam tape.
I am really enjoying being back in my studio!!  I have been busy with garden clean up and preserving produce for the last month or so and that is finally coming to an end.   I do enjoy gardening and its harvest though it does sometimes lead to full days of preserving when the bounty is ready to be put into the freezer or jars.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments