Thursday, November 26, 2015

November cardmaking - Christmas and all occasion



I had a few girls in for a cardmaking session last night and here a few examples of our first card.  I made quite a few kits so everyone could choose what they wanted to make and I also made all occasion kits as well as Christmas kits. It was fun that these kits are all a bit different because they have different decorative paper as well as images.
I started with layering a piece of decorative paper over my card front and adding a piece of ribbon/seam binding that runs the length of the card with the ends adhered to the inside of the card using double sided tape.  I watercoloured my images (poinsettia & kite - Birds Cards, trees - Black Berry Jelly) except for the first one which is a circle punched from an old greeting card.  The colours were perfect with that background.  I layered my images directly onto a scallop circle for two of them, the other two have several layers of circles before I glued them to the scalloped circle.  I adhered the scallop circle element to my layered card front over the ribbon using 3D foam tape.
You can see that I chose to make one of them landscape instead of portrait - love the versatility of this sketch and kit.  I tied a short piece of ribbon/seambinding to the long length on the front to simulate a bow and then adhered my layered greeting using 3D foam tape.

I am glad to have a few extra kits to make up.  It should give me enough Christmas cards for this year and also a few all occasion cards for gift giving.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments