Thursday, November 26, 2015

Some tall images for these cards!

For our second card we made a few of these.  The background is made by taping a piece of 2" x 5.25" decorative paper to a coordinating piece of cardstock the same size.  The image has been sized and printed to fit as a layer on the cardstock piece.  I love this little twiggy tree from Popnstick!!  I created a special insert for it that mentions that Christmas is not about what is under the tree.  I do not have a credit for the cone flowers.  Both images were watercoloured and layered onto their respective backgrounds.  I added a piece of seam binding to each of them using double sided tape on the front right next to the joint where the papers are butted to each other on the decorative paper and taping the the other end to the back.  I tied a short piece to the front to simulate a bow.  I created a border using an eyelet punch (SU) from a strip of neutral cardstock, sponged it a bit and adhered it over the end of the seam binding to hide the tape.  This sketch requires a tall slim image but I did find several in my collection that worked well.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments