Thursday, January 07, 2016

Christmas Thank you cards

 As I mentioned in this post, I like to use gift wrap from the gifts I have received to make my thank you cards.  It uses up something that might in some cases be recycled but it also helps me to remember all the beautiful gifts I have been given.  


For these cards, I used the gift wrap off of the gift that my sister gave me. It was a beautiful silver, gray and gold metallic gift wrap that featured pine branches, holly and pine cones.  I started by cutting the non damaged areas into six 4"x 4" squares.  I ripped or cut these pieces into a variety of shapes and glued them to gray card fronts.  Once I had cut the pieces I realized that I could cut the smaller pieces I needed from the scraps I had left over so I made two more cards using light yellow cards fronts.  I used Corel Draw to design my greetings and printed them onto vellum.  I cut them apart, ripped, punched or cut their edges and then gold embossed pine branches (SU) on their edges.  I laid the greetings over my backgrounds and attached them to the card fronts using two tiny gold brads.
As you can see, I have used a variety of layouts for gluing down my background/gift wrap pieces. It was fun to play and come up with different patterns.  Love the cards I made up!!!

Therese
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments