Thursday, January 07, 2016

Winter birthday

Making a card for a guy with a winter birthday and enjoys spending time outside!!  I used a background I made using watercolour and plastic wrap which I found in my stash which simulates a northern sky fairly well.  I added two strips of ripped white cardstock to simulate snowbanks and mounted this element to the front of a speckled navy blue card.  I added a little green tree which is made from green handmade paper and was cut with a Sizzix Movers and Shapers.  I decided to add the little "be happy" greeting (SU) instead of a traditional greeting because he is a very creative and a non conventional kind
of guy.  I found this little "mustache" in my punched shapes from last winter. When I bought the paisley punch I decided to punch a bunch of them from different book and magazine pages and had not really discovered until today that I had missed getting the whole shape in some of them and they were still stuck together.  When I opened them up I thought they looked very much like a mustache and they have been all the rage in cardmaking for the last while.  Several people had used the mustache in conjunction with "staching" through the snow in Christmas cards.  I thought it would work very appropriately for his card being as he is an avid photographer and will no doubt be trudging through the snow for the next few months on his photo shoots.
I am hoping to be a little more original with my cards this year and this certainly fits that goal!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments