Monday, April 25, 2016

Thinking of you card for a cardmaking friend

A card for a friend/couple whose daughter had surgery last week.  Just want them to know that I am thinking of them!!
I had some kits sitting on my work table from my last cardmaking class at the end of March so I decided to see if I could change them up to suit the occasions I needed cards for in the next few weeks.
This card features a wax resist and watercolour background die cut into a large label shape with the TH die.  It was stamped with a flourish background in green ink as well to add some texture and interest.  I added a ribbon on the top portion and used double sided tape to adhere the ends to the back of the die cut.  I tied a short piece to the left hand side using one single knot which nicely simulates a bow.  I stippled (SU) the green card front with green ink and then adhered the label nicely centered on the card.  I watercoloured the laser printed image (Arthurs Clipart) which was die cut with Nestibilities - Classic Rounds and layered it onto a circle of green cardstock.  I used 3D foam tape to adhere this focal element to my card front over the ribbon.  I sponged the edges of my laser printed punched greeting (SU- Decorative Label) with a bit of green ink and adhered it below my focal element also using 3D foam tape.  Fun to use different images and ribbons on these cards!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments