Thursday, May 26, 2016

Special class - birthday cards

I had a special class this afternoon that was a prize for a fundraiser earlier this year!!  A friend and her sister in law came and we had an afternoon of cardmaking!!  Here is one of the cards we made. 
We started by gluing our backgrounds to our card fronts - the flowery one is handmade using watercolour crayons, water and a brush and some final definition with a fine tip sharpie marker (check out my tutorial here), the other is kraft gift wrap with red balloons.  I trimmed the half circle off the sides of the labels so they would fit on the portrait cards.  I added white gros grain ribbon across the middle and attached the ends to the back using double sided tape and then glued them to the card fronts.  The images (Black Berry Jelly) were watercoloured, layered onto coordinating ovals and mounted over the ribbon on the labels.  The little greetings are layered punchies.  Laser printed greetings punched with the window punch (SU) and the layer punched from the oval layer so it would coordinate perfectly using the modern label punch (SU).  I adhered the greetings with 3D foam tape.  I made up these kits after making this anniversary card.  I have made up my last kit and another card for my stash!
Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments