Thursday, May 26, 2016

Special Class - circle border

 Our third card was this one!  I have wanted to make a border with circles for a while and decided I would make it happen with this card.  I cut 2.25" strips of decorative paper (top - scrapbook paper, bottom - serendipity) and glued them to the top portion of the embossed card front.  Each kit had a variety of punched circles in a few colours from which to create a border. It was fun to mix and match until you had a border you liked.  I left one of the larger ones in front so I could use it to attach my 3D element to.  Once the positions were decided I glued them down one at a time.
Then, I adhered my decorative element (punchie with a brad in the center) to the top circle.  I added some embellishing dots using a gel pen on  a few of the punchies. I layered the laser printed greeting punchie (Word Window - SU) over the coordinating label punchie (Modern Label -SU) and glued it into place and adhered it to the card front using 3D foam tape.
I did manage to find quite a few circle punchies in my stash and then filled in with new ones.
A couple more below which I have finished.  The kits are all made up!
Therese


Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments