Tuesday, September 06, 2016

A few more fabric collage cards


A few more cards that I made with the fabric collages I created a while back.  The collages were created by machine stitching together coordinating fabric scraps and then free hand cutting hearts from them.  
For the first card, I adhered two kraft cardstock strips to a piece of embossed (Swiss Dots) navy cardstock.  I added a layer of scallop edged kraft tulle (SU) adhering the ends to the back with double sided tape.  I positioned my fabric collage heart and machine stitched it in place using coordinating thread.  I added a scalloped heart punchie button which I tied on with kraft coloured embroidery thread knotted twice to keep the button in place.  I colour washed a laser printed greeting and mounted it to this layer using two tiny black brads.  This embellished layer was then adhered to a dark red card front to complete my card.  
For my second card, I stitched my fabric collage heart to an ivory layer and added a paper button tied on with black thread.  I used my stamping jig to stamp on the greeting (SU) in black in exactly the right place.  I layered this onto navy cardstock and machine stitched them together using navy thread.  This embellished layer was then adhered to a dark red card front.  
You can check out the other cards I made with my fabric collage hearts here.   

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments