Saturday, November 05, 2016

Christmas cards - manger scenes and winter wonderlands

 I always make the last card an easy one so because by then most are anxious to be finished.  These cards feature full colour digital images colour printed onto white cardstock. I printed them as close to 4" x 5.25" as possible so that I just needed to cut them close as I cut them apart.  The shepherds and manger scene are from a holiday clipart CD I have owned for years called Click It.  The other four image I found on Pixabay - they have LOTS of great images which you can download and use for free.  My favorite is the mountain ash berries!!!
 Actually, I really like all of them!!  This is just a sampling of the ones I used.  For this card the participants simply had to adhere the two ends of the ribbon to the back of the image, glue this element to the front of the coordinating card, layer their greeting (SU oval and scallop oval ) and adhere it to the card using 3D foam tape.  I located mine over the ribbon but not everyone saw fit to follow suit so again there was a good variety of designs that emerged from this card kit.  Some did not use their ribbon as to preserve the integrity of their nativity images.

So the day finished with lots of finished cards and many happy card makers - some first timers too!  I am very happy with the amount of money that was raised through this process and we also gleaned deeper friendships and much happiness as a bonus!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments