Monday, May 23, 2016

Air Mail thank you card

I had paired this image with an ivory card on my desk thinking they would be components of a card down the line.  I worked on a few colour combinations and when I found this background (plastic wrap and watercolour) I decided the card needed to be darker so instead of finding a different cardstock I simply sponged the edges of the ivory card until it was the colour I wanted.  I added a dark red layer beneath the image and the background.  I liked the yellow organza ribbon which I added to the background before assembling all the pieces.  I tied on an extra short piece to simulate a bow.  The image just got a little bit of gray watercolour on the dove and some red on the letter (Arthur's Clipart) before being adhered to the red layer and then to the card front.  I added a laser printed punched (SU) greeting which I sponged with the same colour as the card front to tone down the ivory.  Adhered the greeting with 3D foam tape.  Another card for my stash!


Butterfly thank you card

Another card made with supplies that have been accumulating on my desk.  I love the decorative paper  - white embossing on white cardsotck of a IO flourish background which was then watercoloured with yellow's and blues!!  I trimmed it and mounted it to a black card front. I had set aside the butterfly image (CLKER) a while back because I thought it worked so well with the background.  I watercoloured it and when it was dry I layered it with a green cardstock oval and mounted it to my decorative paper.  The little fussy cut scroll greeting (CLKER) was just the perfect thing to finish off this card.  I watercoloured it slightly to just tone down the white and added it using 3D foam tape.


Collaged Thank you card

I made up a few thank you cards to get out in the mail this coming week.  This one started with a dark brown card front.  I had saved this background from a package of Prima embellishments because it was so cool - lacy and stitched!!  I have been saving up little bit to add to this as I have been working in my craft room.  I added some coloured vintage ad transparencies, a plaid tag, some seam binding, a paper button, an oval vintage image and a few words on transparency as well.  The transparency was laser printed with images from Gaby Braun in an all over pattern, sanded on the back and then painted with diluted acrylic paint to age them. They have been in my stash for quite a while.  The tag was part of an exchange a few years ago and the oval vintage image was printed for some other project and I found it in my stash as well.  The butterfly was part of a thrift store find - a bunch of butterflies - stickers and embellisments.  The paper button was laser printed, coloured and them tied with a string before being added to the layout.  Really happy with how it worked out.