Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Get well card with silk flowers and lace

Another card for my stash!!  I found this short piece of lace mixed in with my seam binding and set it aside because it perfectly matched the cardstock I had used for this card.  I dug through my background stash and found this watercolour/plastic wrap one that had the perfect colour combination to coordinate with the lace.  I trimmed it to size, added the lace adhering both ends to the back of the back ground paper with double sided tape. I perused my silk flowers and found a large white one and a small lavender one which worked perfectly so I layered them and added them to this layer using a small yellow brad.  I adhered this whole layer to the lavender card front which I had set aside.  I punched a purple label and added a little laser printed greeting punchie (SU) and adhered it to the front o my card with 3D foam tape.


Lacy wedding card

Made a wedding card for my stash!! The image looks wonky now that I look at it a little closer!!  It really is nice and square!
I started with a kraft card front and using double sided tape I added to pieces of lace that almost met in the middle.  I used double sided tape to adhere the ends inside the card as well.   I punched a strip of kraft cardstock with the eyelet punch (SU) and sponged the edges a bit with brown ink.  I trimmed the strip the width of the card, added a length of white satin ribbon adhering the ends to the back with double sided tape.  I mounted this piece over the gap in between the two pieces of lace.  I die cut the embossed heart (SU) from shimmery cardstock and sponged the edges a bit with brown ink.  I stitched on some white floss and tied a little bow to give it some texture.  I adhered it to my card front using 3D foam tape.  I layered a little greeting (Modern Label and Word Window) from some punchies and tied it to one of the holes in the border using the same floss I made the bow with.  Really happy with how this worked out!!


Laser toner resist note card - quick and easy!

I have a few quarter sheet images on hand from my last experiment with laser toner resist cards.  I needed a quick thank you card yesterday so I dug this one out and added watercolour with a brush, dried it quick with the heat gun, trimmed it down and adhered it to the front of of a black card!  Done!! Quick and easy!!  This image is from CLKER!