Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Heart cards - another option for the Plethora of Hearts card kits

I have a few card kits from my last class and I decided to see what I could do to provide a bit of variety to the layout.  You can check out the ones I made for the class here and the few I made after that with yet a different heart arrangement.  Very nice to have such a flexible card kit!!!
For this card I chose four of the hearts from the kit and added four smaller ones which I cut using a small heart die (CB).  I lightly glued the large hearts in place on the right hand side, positioned the smaller ones on top and then snuck the greeting in between the two bottom hearts.  I stitched right through all of them and the embossed background using white thread in my sewing machine.  Really like the look!!  I trimmed the far edge of the greeting and used a small piece of double sided tape to adhere it to the background then glued this whole element to the black card front.  The little red heart I glued close to the greeting!!  Fun to play with card kits!!             Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments