Monday, February 06, 2017

One becomes two! Reusing a card front to make two cards


These two cards were created from one larger used card front.  I first trimmed the original card to leave a rectangle with the bird on the handle.  After trimming off that portion I trimmed the top and bottom to create a layer for an A2 sized card.  It was a bit short on the length so I added a punched border to the back leaving only one row of holes showing.  That worked perfectly - adds a bit of texture and colour! I mounted this layer onto a dark green card front.  
For the other card I embossed and sanded a stamped wax resist background I made a while back.  The wax resist used clear wax on an ivory cardstock and I had added green watercolour.  I had stamped a flourish stamp in green after that.  I really like how much texture embossing and sanding this background gave my card!!  I trimmed it to fit on my A2 sized card, added an ivory organza ribbon and mounted it to my dark green card front.  I added the rectangle I had trimmed off the used card on the right hand side using 3D foam tape and then added a layered punchie greeting on the left hand side.  Pretty happy with how both of these turned out!!  Added these to my stash!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments