Monday, March 06, 2017

St.Patrick Day cards!

I have started on St. Patrick's Day cards!!
For the first one, I created a digital image using Corel Draw which combined three hearts to created a shamrock, added a stem and then surrounded it with a greeting - "Wishing you the luck of the Irish this St. Patrick's Day".  I  printed off several in different sizes.  This one was printed so it could be punched out with a 1 3/4" circle punch.  I layered it onto green (Nestibilities) and then added a white scalloped circle below that.  I pierced all the scallops with a push pin and sponged the edges just a bit to tone them down.  I created a background by gluing strips of green decorative paper to a light cardstock substrate then stamped a "zigzag stitching" over all of the joints.  I added green ribbon and then mounted this element to green card front.  I added my layered focal element over the ribbon using 3D foam tape. It still needed "a bit of something" so I added green rhinestones to the right of the element and that was good!  Like this one!!
The next card was created using a laser printed digital image I found on line.  I trimmed out the image, sponged the edges with green ink and added gold glitter glue to all of the dots in the green area on the outside of the shamrocks.  Once that was dry, I added a black gros grain ribbon across the bottom section adhering the ends to the back then adhered the whole element to a black card.  I chose a little serendipity heart to glue over the ribbon to add a bit of interest and dimension to my card!!  It5 might have been better to be a shamrock but I did not have one!!  The gold in the heart echoes the gold in the glitter glue!!  Quick and easy!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments