Monday, May 29, 2017

Hand made card for a retiring nurse

I had a request for a card for a nurse who is retiring after a long and significant nursing career.  I chose the nurse digital image from Dearie Dolls and printed it on white cardstock.  I watercoloured the image in pinks and greens to coordinate with the cool dotted decorative paper.  I added the decorative paper to a turquoise card front and added blue seam binding on the left hand side.  I layered the image to pink and then to bright green cardstock to coordinate with the decorative paper.  I added the layered image over the ribbon and then layered on the green greeting strip near the bottom. I added a pink cardstock strip and then layered on the laser printed greeting with flagged ends.  To finish off the card I tied a short end of the seam binding to the length on the front of the card with one knot to simulate a bow.  This is a large card which I created to fit in a large envelope I had on hand.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments