So you use your Big Shot with all the platforms and two plates. I put both of the plates on top with my botanical sandwich in between. You can see here some of the botanicals I used. You end up with two prints because you put a piece of white cardstock on the bottom, add your flowers and/or leaves and then lay another over top to create your botanicals sandwich. It works best with fleshy flowers and leaves but they are also the ones that create the most liquid so be prepared with paper towel.
Next, I used geranium flowers. These were dead headed off the plant two days ago and were sitting on a tray drying so I can use the petals in handmade paper. I used willow leaves with them. The willow leaves are not fleshy enough but the geraniums are very juicy so together they gave a decent print though there was not very much green in it.
For the fourth one, I used geranium leaves and radish leaves. This combination worked very well and made a very good print.
Forgot to take a photo of my last print which I made use coleus leaves. That was perfect too!!
If you don't have a garden or flower beds or pots consider that you can probably get some at the grocery store - radishes or carrots with the leaves on, any of the herbs, kale, spinach or lettuce might work, thin slices of onion, beets or carrots might work.
On the other hand, any empty lot in town might have a good selection of options - dandelions with leaves, thistles and maybe even grasses might give good results. Considering checking out the local flower beds for any plants that need dead heading - marigolds, impatiens, petunias, pansies, etc. Or ask your friends if they can spare a few from their planters or gardens. One bonus
I ended up washing up my plates and platforms to ensure that the juices I produced with them this morning have all been removed and will not affect my paper die cutting later.
If you give this a try please leave me a message and link to where you have posted the fun papers you have created!!!