Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A birthday card with a collage feel

I created two sets of cards last week as a prize for a family event and packaged them in Ferraro Rocher chocolate boxes.  You can check them out here!!
This card is part of the cards I had started creating before I decided to make cards that fit in the #8 envelopes which fit so perfectly in those beautiful clear boxes!!
I started with a background from a calendar which my sister gave me years ago.  I had dismantled it but the paper was so cool I had saved it in my stash of background papers.  I found it in a box this week and thought I would see if I could make a card with it.  It was already a bit distressed and interesting so I decided to work with that!!  I used a TH embossing folder and embossed only the top portion and used light gray stamp pad to highlight the texture I had added.  I did all the edges as well.  I added a strip of handmade faux washi tape with a bit of a blue tinge and overlaid a piece of Paris themed commercial washi tape over it.  I stamped "hold on .... dreams" using my black Versafine stamp pad.  Wow!! It worked so well and was such a nice solid black!!  Finally I added a vellum birthday greeting with two square brads and glued this whole element to an orange/yellow card front.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments