Wednesday, July 12, 2017

A card that features a hand decorated background with a serendipity heart punchie accent

The background for this card has been in my stash for quite a while!!  It was double embossed with a heart background stamps in silver embossing powder on a scrap of paper which was painted with leftovers from a project.  I trimmed it to the border and stamped with black in using a script background stamps (SU).  I layered it onto a blue cardstock then onot a black card front. The heart was punched from a serendipity background that coordinated perfectly then layered onto a silver scalloped edged heart die cut  (SU).  I added the laser printed vellum greeting to the back of the heart before adhering it to my card front.  To finish it off I flagged the end of the greeting.  Done!!  Another card for my stash!!
I never waste paint or colour medium of any kind!!  I always have sheets of paper sitting around ready to take another coat of coordinating colour.  It is fun to keep adding layers until you are happy with the paper and then use it in a new creation as a background, to create die cuts or to embellish with embossing powder as I did here.
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments