Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Birthday Card Set - a background created with stripes of decorative paper and cute little cupcake digital image

I have been making card for a gift and if you want all the details of why and how you can check out this post.
For this card I started with a white card but you cannot see any of it because I created my background right on the front of the card from edge to edge.  I started with the little strawberries from my stash and added several other papers that coordinated then added two stripes of red cardstock.  I still needed one and figured it should be green to coordinate with the strawberries and I found a scrap of this green polka dot paper and I thought it was perfect!!  So I played with the layout and then glued them all in place one at a time trimming them to the edge of my card.  I watercoloured my laser printed greeting (Melonheadz) using coordinating colours and added it to my card front using 3D foam tape.  The plain red stripe needed a bit of something so I added pink and green sequins to it using glue dots - that was better.  Now, the green one looked a little plain so I added two lines of clear glitter gel pen and some pink daisy punchies as well.  They were calling for clear rhinestones even before I got them all in place.  I used the clear glitter gel pen to add dots to the little scallops on the strawberry strips.  Finally, I just had to add some clear heart bling to the last strip of pink decorative paper which seemed to complete the design.  Way more blinged up that what I usually make but I am sure a little girl will be most pleased on her birthday to receive this cool blingy card on her birthday!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments