this post for the details!
For this card I started with a kraft colour card. I layered on an orange mulberry decorative paper, added a deep red strip at the bottom then added a trimmed laser printed greeting and a little maple leaf punchie as an accent. Next, I coloured my dragonfly using shimmer watercolours. I reinserted it into the die, ran it through the Big Shot with the embossing mat to better define the areas and then applied coordinating watercolours using a fine brush. Once it was dry, I used a small piece of double sided tape behind its body to adhere it to my card front. The leaves the wings and tail free which adds a bit of dimension. I added a dotted flight path with a coordinating fine tip marker. It was still needing a bit of something some I dug out a small flower stamp and added a few in the upper left hand corner and a few more in the lower right hand corner. To keep them subtle I had to stamp off three times before stamping each one. I created a border on a white scrap which I can use on a future card. The addition of the flowers was just what was needed!!!
The dragonfly was a left over from making these cards!!