Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Christmas and all occasion cards in a kit

I had a request for a set of card kits that contained six Christmas cards and six all occasion cards.  Having just finished a Christmas card class it was easy to find a few extra kits.
I included 6 of these cards from the class. 
I used a decorative font to create a large word element - JOY - which I colour printed to coordinate with the paper I had chosen and added a coordinating card. I coloured the letters using shimmery watercolour in a soft silver colour.  I used 3D foam tape to add the little silver star punchie.  When you check the link you will find that I made a wide variety of colours in this card kit so all the ones I included are different. 
For the all occasion cards I combined two card sketches that I have recently used in my classes.  I used the four rectangle background that was featured on these cards and I added the image and ribbon combination that I used as a focal element on these cards.   I trimmed four rectangles (2 5/8" x 1 7/8") and embossed them with a large dots embossing folder and glued them to a black card front.  I watercoloured the little lady bug image (Black Berry Jelly digital ), layered it onto black, added the folded ribbon to the back using double sided tape and finally adhered this focal element to my card front using 3D foam tape.  I did not add any greetings to this set of cards so they can be used for any occasion. 
Making cards from purchased kits is so quick and easy and a wonderful option for anyone not wishing to purchase lots of equipment and supplies!! 
Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments