Monday, February 06, 2017

Vintage Valentine's cards with collaged hearts

This Valentine's card features a beautiful collaged heart element which I laser printed and then die cut with my round Nestibilities.  I layered the die cut onto a scalloped circle which I also cut with my Nestibilities from kraft cardstock.  I glued them together and then added dots in each scallop using a white gel pen.  For my background I trimmed a piece of decorative paper and added short length of ribbon to the bottom edge which echoed the scallop design element very nicely.  I used double sided tape to attach my background to my brown card front and properly secure my lace at the bottom.  I added a strip of red cardstock then layered my focal element over it.  I trimmed both ends of my laser printed greeting and adhered it to my card front using a small piece of 3D foam tape in the middle and double sided tape on both ends which gives it a bit of dimension.  Pretty happy with this one too!!


Serendipity background on this Valentine's card

Another Valentine's card for my stash!!  This one features a serendipity background which has been hanging around in my stash for a while.  I layered gold gift wrap on the front of my red card before I adhered my background to which I had already attached a red organza ribbon.  I laser printed this digital heart image (Melonheadz) on white cardstock, fussy cut it and coloured it with watercolour.  I adhered it to the front of my card using 3D foam tape positioning it over my ribbon then tied on a short piece of ribbon using one knot to simulate a bow just above my image.  Done!  I love using serendipity backgrounds because they are so interesting!!


One becomes two! Reusing a card front to make two cards

These two cards were created from one larger used card front.  I first trimmed the original card to leave a rectangle with the bird on the handle.  After trimming off that portion I trimmed the top and bottom to create a layer for an A2 sized card.  It was a bit short on the length so I added a punched border to the back leaving only one row of holes showing.  That worked perfectly - adds a bit of texture and colour! I mounted this layer onto a dark green card front.  
For the other card I embossed and sanded a stamped wax resist background I made a while back.  The wax resist used clear wax on an ivory cardstock and I had added green watercolour.  I had stamped a flourish stamp in green after that.  I really like how much texture embossing and sanding this background gave my card!!  I trimmed it to fit on my A2 sized card, added an ivory organza ribbon and mounted it to my dark green card front.  I added the rectangle I had trimmed off the used card on the right hand side using 3D foam tape and then added a layered punchie greeting on the left hand side.  Pretty happy with how both of these turned out!!  Added these to my stash!!