Sunday, April 16, 2017

Mother's Day cards created from renovated card fronts

These cards reuse card fronts though there was a bit more work involved than just layering.
For the top one I trimmed the image using a decorative label (SU) then I trimmed off the sides as they were distracting from the heart image.  I used my handmade stamp positioner to stamp a greeting (SU) on the lower right hand side.  I added a pink silk ribbon and tied on a short length with a single knot to simulate a bow. I layered this element to the back portion of the card which featured pink stripes.  Fortunately it covered a printed panel at the same time.  I trimmed that out and layered it to blue cardstock then to an off white cardstock layer before gluing this whole element to a pink card front.  I did distress the outer edges of the blue and off white layers with my distress tool (SU).  Happy with this card!
The lower left hand card, I trimmed out the framed floral element then cut out two of the embellished corners from the card.  They fit perfectly side by side on my pink card front!! I did add a pink ribbon before adhering the floral image in place.  I used a laser printed digital image (SU) of a label to which I had added a greeting for my greeting.  The printed greeting was h I die cut with the smaller version of the one I used above.  I punched a hole that coordinated with the center portion of the greeting and sponged some pink ink in the hole.  Next, I covered this area with the punchie and sponged all the way around with ink until I was happy with the colour.  I mounted it over the ribbon with 3D foam tape.
The right hand card below had a butterfly with a clipped wing on the right hand side once I had trimmed the floral image to fit my yellow card front.  I decided to trim it just a bit more so I could add a dark brown layer in between which highlights the punched border (SU) I had added on the bottom edge.  To cover up the butterfly I trimmed a printed greeting with my decorative label punch (SU) and then I punched an orange one to highlight it.  I layered them, trimmed the right hand side and then added a little yellow bow using heavy thread which I tied on.  Once I glued it in place I glued this layer to the brown one and stitched around the edges avoiding the floral elements which were very close to the edge.  To finish off my card I glued this large element to my yellow card front.  

My stash is growing and I am loving the cards I made!!