Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Christmas cards with non traditional colours - red, black, green and gold















My first Christmas cards of the year!!  I made these for a friend of mine who had a small piece of this gorgeous green paper with gold trees on it that was wrapped around one of her Christmas gifts.  I offered to make her some Christmas cards for next year with it!!  The trees were different sizes hence the different size of ovals on these cards.  I used my oval Nestibilities to figure out which ones would be good for card avoiding any of the folded or rough spots that had been on the corners.  I traced around the die and then cut them out with scissors  giving each one enough edge so they could be glued behind the ovals.  These are a bit smaller than A2 so I had to be really diligent when cutting my pieces because they all had to be just a bit smaller.   I gold embossed my greetings (SU) on the black layer, die cut the ovals and then glued the trees to the back of the opening after lining them up.  Finally I glued these large elements to the front of cranberry cardstock cards.  They are quite striking and not typical Christmas cards.  I have yet to make any for myself but it is in the works!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments