Saturday, March 17, 2018

Card set #4 - washi tape/decorative paper backgrounds with 3D embellishments


For my final set of cards I have these warm and bright washi tapes combined with a very subtle off white and beige scrapbook paper for my backgrounds which I have mounted to off white card fronts. 
For my first card I again went with a bird theme.  I die cut a portion of the bare tree (TH) using a scrap of brown cardstock, trimmed it to fit and adhered it to my card front.  I punched a bird from red cardstock, coloured in the beak and added a tiny black brad for the eye.  I punched the wing from brown cardstock, manually embossed it and adhered it to my bird.  I added the bird to my card using 3D foam tape. 
For my second card I die cut the butterfly from yellow and manually embossed its wings, added a paper butterfly from my stash and layered onto it the brown body/antennae die cut (QK) from a different butterfly die set.  I adhered it to my card front using 3D foam tape and added a dotted flight path using a fine tipped permanent marker.  


For my third card I die cut a large flower using the Tattered Flowers die (TH) from maroon cardstock and added some texture by colour washing the petals with watercolour.  I fussy cut this cute laser printed button, used a black marker on its edges and watercoloured it yellow to coordinate with the background before adhering it to the center of my flower using 3D foam tape.  I hand cut from green scraps a stem and two leaves, glued them to my card front and then adhered my flower over the end of the stem.  To finish off my card I colour washed the stems as well for a bit more texture.  
For my fourth and final card I went back to my heart theme and layered several heart die cuts.  I started with a red heart, layered on one with musical notes and finally added a smaller one cut from gold card and manually embossed.  This heart focal element was added to my card front using 3D foam tape.  
I have so enjoyed making these four sets of cards!!!  I love the collagy look of them and that they are very versatile.  I may consider using this concept again for my card making in the future when I am looking to make cards without greetings.  I still have a small stash of washi tape that needs to be used up and certainly strips of paper would likely have the same effect.  Got some of those as well!!  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments